Thursday, March 20, 2008

Finding Nemo Cake

I made the cake pictured below for my son's 2nd birthday.
Directions from http://thepartyworks.com/article.php/articles_id/677/tPath/99/

Supplies:
Football Pan
2 qty tip #18, each on a decorator bag
1 tip #3 on a decorator bag
1 boxed cake mix, plus ingredients for cake mix
2 cups orange med. buttercream
2 cups white med. buttercream
1 cup black piping gel
cake board covered with foil

Tips:
-Make all your colored icing at one time so it matches.
-I didn't use the exact tips the directions said. I just went with tips I had. It still turned out great!
-Make sure you have a LOT of black piping gel.
-To make the cake I used All Whites liquid egg substitute and applesauce in play of the oil. It turned out really moist and delicious!
-The directions said you needed a really big cake board. I just used a standard size and put the cake on at an angle.