Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Roasted & Pureed Pumpkin

There is no pumpkin shortage here! I can't find canned pumpkin in the store. I bought a huge pie pumpkin at the farmers market for $8. This is definitely more economical than buying cans. I am going to divide it up and freeze some after I make some pumpkin dishes today.

1 pie pumpkin, cut in half seeds & pulp scraped out

Preheat oven to 400.

Place 1/2 of pumpkin cut side down on a foil lined jelly roll pan.

Bake 60 minutes or until a fork or knife easily pierces the pumpkin. (This will vary based on the size of your pumpkin.)

Peel the skin off the pumpkin.

Puree in the food processor in batches.

Repeat with second half of the pumpkin. (My pumpkin wouldn't fit in the oven all at once.)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you!! There is not a can to find here in Indiana! I am going to make my own this weekend, thanks for the directions!