Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Oatmeal Bar Cookies

I found this recipe on foodgawker. I have wanted to make it for the kids since I saw it. We are having a lazy morning. I didn't feel like scooping cookies so we made them into bars. I also added an egg and some mix ins. They love it!

1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups old-fashioned oats (I used 6 packets plain instant oatmeal and 6 packets chocolate chip instant oatmeal.)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup toasted coconut
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13 dish with nonstick cooking spray.


In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and eggs until well blended.

On low speed, beat in all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour and baking powder until well combined. Stir in oats, raisins, coconut, and chocolate chips.


Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until light golden brown.

1 comment:

Marie said...

This is a great idea! There are just some days when I don't feel like scooping cookies. I might have to try this next time.