Saturday, December 10, 2011

Butterscotch Toffee

I used to love Heath bars! Since I don't eat chocolate anymore I haven't had one in over five years. I got a recipe email for English Toffee earlier this week. I had a great idea! I decided to make it with butterscotch chips instead of chocolate. YUM! I made it for a party. I am not sure between everyone in our house if there will be any left by 5 today!
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
2 tablespoons water
1 bag butterscotch chips

Line a jelly roll pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.

In a heavy saucepan melt butter over medium high heat. Stir in remaining ingredients except butterscotch chips.

Stir constantly until candy thermometer reads 300 degrees or until candy is thick and golden.

Spread on prepared pan, and then sprinkle with butterscotch chips. Spread chips evenly until melted and top is completely covered.

Refrigerate to set. Break into pieces before serving.

No comments: